Ben Carson Wants To Police Speech On College Campuses

J

Jeff

"During an interview, Glenn Beck asked Carson if he would shut down the Education Department as president.

"I actually have something I would use the Department of Education to do," Carson responded. "It would be to monitor our institutions of higher education for extreme political bias and deny federal funding if it exists.""

Now before you say "good", stop and think what kind of road that is heading down. Not good.

And Ben Carson seems to disagree with with his own idea:

"For example, Carson compared the U.S. to Nazi Germany last March, before saying, "I know you're not supposed to say 'Nazi Germany,' but I don't care about political correctness. You know, you had a government using its tools to intimidate the population. We now live in a society where people are afraid to say what they actually believe.""

"At last year's Conservative Political Action Conference, Carson declared: "It's time for people to stand up and proclaim for what they believe and stop being bullied." He added that people with common sense "have been beaten into submission" by the "PC police.""

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...p_ref=politics