Just Saying Hi

Q

Queen Yinin

Hi All,

Right now I'm in the process of writing my first book. I'm not sure how far I'm going down this road. It's a book I've had in my mind for years, I'm excited to finally be seeing it through. I don't know if I'm going to turn this into a career or what, I just want to get this one book done.

I recently quit Uni after realising I didn't want the career I thought I did. I finished my Undergraduate in Biomedical Science and got halfway through my Masters in the same subject before realising this. I always wanted to be an author as a child and figured I might as well give it a shot.

Me and my boyfriend work part time minimum wage jobs. He's a theatre actor, and I guess I'm an aspiring writer, so here's hoping one of those pay off, right? :p

I'm joining this site because I desperately need some support and advice. My boyfriend is wonderful and helping me write. He's done some writing of his own in the past so he's helping me edit - help that's seriously needed. I've spent four years learning how to write scientific papers, switching to writing novels isn't an easy jump. Unfortunately he also overestimates my abilities. Sometimes he talks about the themes of my work, or the roles my characters play, and I just... I mean, I think I first thought of this book when I was 12. I haven't really thought about themes or roles, I just sort of write. It's going well but I worry that I'm somehow doing this wrong...