was God the first vegan?

had a interesting talk with a christian friend of mine. she says gods original design for man was a strictly vegan diet. back when i was a believer i have NEVER heard this point and the Christians in my family are not vegans. she says in the garden god gave us dominion over the animals, but that does not mean they were created for us to eat. instead she says that dominion means we were supposed to be their loving masters, not killers. in genesis 1:29-1:30 god gives us and all the animals every fruit and green plant to eat.

"Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food"; and it was so.…"

so the animals were never supposed to eat each other and we were never supposed to eat them. god gave us all plants and fruit to eat, not a BBQ grill. she says it was not till after the fall that animals started killing and eating each other and we started killing and eating them. so if the fall never happened there would be no bacon or juicy juicy burgers.

i found this talk really interesting, because i have never heard a biblical argument for a strictly vegan diet. much to the dismay of my Mahayana brothers and sisters out there i am not a vegetarian or a vegan. the Buddha was not a vegetarian or a vegan. he would never turn down meat or milk that was given to him. the only rules about the eating of meat he had for his followers was never kill the animal, and never eat meat that was deliberately killed for you.

so what say you calguns Christians and anyone else who wants to comment, was God the first vegan?